OHIP coverage is for eye exams only:
Children from 0-19 years: OHIP covers only one full eye examination every year plus a minor exam for emergencies such as trauma and infections.
Adults from age 20-64: OHIP covers adult patients with pre-existing eye conditions such as diabetes, cataracts, retinal diseases, strabismus, amblyopia, glaucoma, uveitis, corneal disease, visual field loss, optic nerve disease for annual eye examinations.
Seniors from (65 and up): OHIP covers one full eye examination every year plus minor exams such as pink eye.
Private Insurance: Many private insurance plans cover eye exam fees, spectacles, prescription sunglasses, and contact lens costs. Please check with your insurance provider prior to your visit about your vision care coverage and inquire about your maximum benefits under your plan for eye exams and glasses separately and also if there is any deductible under the plan.
Alternatively, we will also be able to help you if you give us your policy and identification details. You also need information on the assignment of benefits to the vision service provider.
We are now able to directly bill the following insurance providers for eye exam services and eye wear products like:
- Lenses such as single vision lenses, bifocal and progressive lenses, and prescription sunglasses
- Frames: We carry all popular designer brands and safety glasses too
- Contact Lenses: daily, biweekly & monthly disposable contact lenses. In addition, we also carry multifocal contact lenses and colored contact lenses.
We can also direct bill Ontario government programs such as:
- ODSP – Ontario Disability Supplement Program
- IFH- Interim-Federal Health-Refugee Program
- OW – Ontario Works
We direct bill most insurance companies such as:
- Green Shield
- Blue Cross
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit
- Standard Life
- Sun Life
- Chambers of Commerce Group
- Claim Secure
- Great West Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Maximum Benefit
- Johnston Group and Johnson Inc
- The Co-operators
- Clams Exchange
- Empire Life
PayBright: In addition to insurance, we also accept financing through PayBright. With PayBright, you can break down the cost of treatments into biweekly or monthly payments.